Yard Waste Burn Permits are issued online by the Idaho Department of Lands
Permits are free but Required and can be obtained at
a. The pile is less than 2 feet high and 3 feet wide. Then 25 feet clearances will be adequate.
b. The material is in an approved burning appliance. Then 15 feet clearances will be adequate.- NO BURN BARRELS
2. Burning shall be conducted during daylight hours only. The fire must be totally out by dark.
3. The fire shall be attended to at all times.
4. Attendant shall have a hose connected to a water supply and readily available at all times.
5. The Fire Official is authorized to require that burning be immediately discontinued if smoke emissions are offensive to occupants of surrounding properties.
6. Permittee shall call 1-800-633-6247, Air Quality Hotline, each day before 9:00 am.
A recording will advise the permittee of acceptable environmental conditions. Burning shall only be conducted on a "Green" day.
ITEMS THAT CAN BE BURNED:
Dry pine needles, dry lawn clippings, dry garden waste, leaves, and tree limbs.
ITEMS THAT CAN NOT BE BURNED:
Any type of plastics, rubber products, paint, paint cans, fiberglass products, carpeting, furniture, stumps, household garbage, and non-combustible or fire-rated material. This permit is not for commercial logging debris.
If any of the above rules are violated, this permit will be revoked immediately, and you may be issued a citation for illegal burning.