Please keep copies of everything you submit.

How to File a Tort Claim for Damage or Injury with the City of Coeur d'Alene

Complete the City of Coeur d'Alene Notice of Tort for Damage or Injury form and submit by one of the methods listed below.

Submit Tort Claim by mail or in person:

Print the completed form and submit it by mail or in person, along with any attachments or images, at the following address:

Office of the City Clerk
Coeur d'Alene City Hall
710 E. Mullan Avenue
Coeur d'Alene, ID  83814

Business hours:  Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  Office closed on weekends and holidays.

Submit Tort Claim by Email:

  • Complete the Form
  • Type your signature onto the signature line
  • Print the form for your records
  • Send an email to:  [email protected]
  • Put the Claimant's name in the subject line of the email
  • Enter your name and contact information in the body of the email
  • Attach the claim form and any additional document, photos, etc. to the email
  • Click on "Send"

Submit Tort Claim by Fax:

Submit the completed form, along with any attachments, to the following fax number:  (208) 769-2284.

Additional Information about Email and Fax Submissions:

If you need assistance submitting your tort claim electronically, you may contact the City Clerk's office at (208) 769-2231.  Assistance is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  If assistance is required outside of these hours, you can leave a voice message and contact telephone number.

The City of Coeur d'Alene is unable to receive emails and attachments larger than 10 megabytes.  If you attempt to submit an email and attachment larger than 10 megabytes, you will receive email notification that the message exceeds the domain's maximum per-message size limit.  You should try to reduce the size of the message and resend it or submit the document in person or by regular mail delivery.