If you are contemplating building a pole type structure or carport on your property then you should discuss your plans with a Planner in the Planning Department.  The Planning Department can elaborate on any design guidelines, standards and regulations they may have. Some items to consider are placement of the structure on your property (setbacks), any height restrictions, roof run-off.  

These types of structures are an engineered system, therefore the Building Department is not able to provide construction drawings.  These drawings are typically available from your contractor or building supplier.