Road Products Incorporated (RPI) has been contracted to perform a chip seal.
Work will begin Monday, July 20th and continue intermittently through August 25th. During the chip seal process traffic restrictions will be in place.
The project will begin on 4th Street, from Best/Appleway north to Dalton Avenue.
Residential areas include: Hoffman, Trinity Estates, Pine Hill, and Prospector Ridge
Please contact Kim Harrington, Assistant Project Manager at (208)769-2214 or email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
The tentative dates are as follows:
Hoffman and Trinity Estates:
Chip seal: 7.23-7.28.2020
Fog seal: 8.7.2020
Pinehill and Prospector Ridge:
Chip seal: 7.22.2020
Fog seal: 8.5.2020
The purpose of a chip seal is to preserve the existing roadway by providing a renewed driving surface and sealing the road substructure from water, which tends to expedite damage. This type of treatment is very common for our climate and is an effective maintenance tool.
- If your home fronts one of these streets, turn off irrigation by midnight the day before both the chip seal and the fog seal are scheduled as water damages can damage the seals. We understand that high temperatures are forecasted and this is an inconvenience. Irrigation can be turned back on two hours after the chip seal or fog seal is complete.
- Expect temporary traffic delays. If you expect deliveries, let them know about the chip seal.
- For two weeks after the chip seal, keep speeds very low on the new chip seal surface.
- For two weeks after the chip seal, turn at intersections and into your driveway very carefully to minimize damage to the new chip seal as it cures.
- Road oils may get on shoes, so take precautions when entering your home or business.
- Road oils may get on cars if they are parked in the roadway or if drivers disregard traffic control signs or flaggers.
- The road will be swept during the night after the chip seal to allow the oil to set in cooler temperatures. Before the road is swept initially, the road will seem gravelly and low speeds will be necessary.
- A few days to a week following the chip seal, the road will be fog sealed, which is another layer of liquid asphalt applied to the street.