Michael C. Gridley
The City Attorney's Office consists of a civil office and a criminal office with staff that includes the City Attorney, Chief Deputy, Deputy and Assistant City Attorneys, Claims/Risk Manager, Legal Interns, Senior Legal Assistants, and Legal Assistants.
What Does The City Attorney's Office Do?
- Provides legal advice and support to the City Council, Mayor, various City commissions and boards, and to City divisions and departments.
- Provides staff support in claims and risk management issues within the City of Coeur d'Alene.
- Represents the City in some civil litigation such as injunctive relief proceedings.
- Responsible for drafting contracts, easements, and other real estate documents where the City is a party.
- Responsible for drafting municipal ordinances and resolutions.
Criminal Office: (Please click here to visit the Criminal Office web page.)
- Prosecutes infraction and misdemeanor offenses occurring within the City limits under State and local codes that are investigated by the Coeur d'Alene Police Department or code enforcement agents.
Claims/Risk Manager Office:
- Investigates and processes claims by and against the City, including but not limited to accidents involving City personnel, vehicles and facilities.
- Handles some code enforcement issues, including the abatement of dangerous buildings.
- Provides technical legal research and performs a variety of legal duties in support of the City Attorney and the City of Coeur d'Alene.
- Is in charge of developing, implementing and coordinating a risk management program as well as loss prevention duties.
Contacting the City Attorney's Office:
|Criminal Office||Civil Office & Claims/Risk Management|
|816 Sherman Avenue, Ste. 4||710 E. Mullan Avenue|
|Coeur d'Alene, Idaho 83814||Coeur d'Alene, Idaho 83814|
|(208) 769-2323||(208) 769-2348|
|FAX: (208) 769-2326||FAX: (208) 769-2349|
|e-mail: email@example.com||e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
In the case of an emergency, please call 911.
- Criminal Division - (208) 446-1170
- Civil Division - (208) 446-1160
Probation & Parole - (208) 769-1444
Adult Misdemeanor Probation - (208) 446-1985
Registered Service Providers: (Listed for the following categories:
|Alcohol/Drug Evaluator||Post Traumatic Stress|
|Alcohol/Drug Treatment||Sex Offender Treatment|
|Anger Management||Supervised Visitation|
|Domestic Violence Evaluator||Theft Counseling|
|Domestic Violence Treatment||Tobacco Information|
|DUI Evaluator||Traffic Safety|
|Family Issues/Assistance||Victim Counseling|
|Family/Individual Counseling||Victim Panel, DUI|
|Mental Health||Vocational Assistance|
- Kootenai County - (208) 446-1800
- Post Falls - (208) 773-0215
- Hayden Lake - (208) 772-8502
- Rathdrum - (208) 664-0500
- Spirit Lake - (208) 667-1300
- North Idaho Violence Prevention Center (208) 664-9303
- Domestic Violence Info/Advocate: Contact Kootenai County Prosecutor's Office (208) 446-1800
- State of Idaho Crime Victims Compensation Program
Idaho Legal Aid: (800) 221-3295, Cd'A - 667-9559
Attorney General's Office: (208) 769-1589
Idaho State Bar: (800) 221-3205
NOTICE: The City Attorney's client is the Mayor and City Council of the City of Coeur d'Alene. Attorneys in the City Attorney's Office are prohibited from providing legal advice to the general public or to parties other than the City of Coeur d'Alene.