The Planning Commission sees its role as the preparation and implementation of the Comprehensive Plan through which the Commission seeks to promote orderly growth, preserve the quality of Coeur d’Alene, protect the environment, promote economic prosperity and foster the safety of its residents.
The Coeur d'Alene Planning Commission is a council appointed nine member volunteer board that plays a major role in nearly all aspects of the local planning process. These duties include:
- Obtaining the public's advice
- Promoting public interest and understanding of the planning process
- Advising the City Council on planning mattes
- Preparing a comprehensive plan
- Implementing, reviewing and updating that plan
- Reviewing proposed development according to the procedures and standards set forth in the Zoning Ordinance and other municipal codes
- Performing any other duties assigned by the City Council
Please click here to go to the CDA TV Channel 19 page where you can view the latest Planning Commission meeting.
Current members are:
Heather Stein Bowlby, Vice Chair
Brad Jordan, Chairman
Grant Conery (Student Rep)
Jennifer Snow (Alt Student Rep
The Commissioners may be reached by mail at:
Coeur d'Alene Planning Commission
710 Mullan Avenue
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho 83814
Staff Liaison: Shana Stuhlmiller, Administrative Secretary, 769-2240
Please click here to view the current agenda for the Planning Commission.
Please click here to view the 2007 Comprehensive Plan.