The Parking Commission consists of members appointed by the mayor to assist the City in the management of parking and related issues.
To recommend strategies to elected officials and city administration to provide an adequate supply of parking to serve the needs of the community while encouraging a healthy business climate and economy for the City.
- To provide reviews of parking ordinances with recommendations to the City Council and City administrators for necessary changes that will meet the Parking Commission Mission Statement.
- To provide a citizen review of parking appeals with decisions on those appeals being made each month.
- To review and make recommendations to the City Council in a timely manner regarding the Comprehensive Parking Plan.
- To review parking problems and opportunities with the City parking contractor (currently Diamond) to meet the Parking Commission Mission Statement.
- To provide a public forum where parking issues and concerns can be identified and addressed.
- To ensure that City parking is affordable, equitable, available, and accessible.
The commission consists of nine (9) members, comprised of two (2) property/business owners within the Central Business District; one (l) Lake City Development Corporation board member; three (3) community-at-large members; one (l) Downtown employee; one (l) North Idaho College representative; and one (l) Fort Ground neighborhood resident. One (l) Member of the City Council acts as a liaison for the Parking Commission with the City Council.
Members pictured from L to R:
Meetings are normally held on the First Tuesday of every other month at 3:00 p.m. The current meeting place is the Old Council Chambers at Coeur d'Alene City Hall, 710 E. Mullan Avenue, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Please call for the next meeting date.
Judy House, Claims Manager
710 E. Mullan Avenue
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814
Phone: (208) 769-2332