Welcome to the City of Coeur d’Alene’s Election Services Web site. My goal as the City Clerk is to provide basic information to anyone who is interested in the City of Coeur d’Alene’s election process.
If you cannot find an answer to your questions on this web page, please feel free to ask me any questions that you may have regarding the City’s election process. I can be reached via e-mail at email@example.com, phone at 769-2231 or by fax at 769-2388.
Renata McLeod, City Clerk
2013 DECLARATIONS OF CANDIDACY
|Name||Office||Council Seat No.|
Please note that for the November 5, 2013 Election "Declaration of Candidacy" can be filed between August 26, 2013 and September 6, 2013.
Please SCROLL DOWN to the bottom of the page for November 5, 2013 Election documents.
NEXT ELECTION DATE: November 5, 2013
POSITIONS UP FOR ELECTION: The Mayor's seat, and 3 City Council positions
COUNCILMEN UP FOR ELECTION: The incumbents up for the 2013 City Election are Council Seat 2: Mike Kennedy, Council Seat 4: Woody McEvers, and Council Seat 6: Deanna Goodlander.
HOW CITY COUNCILMEN ARE ELECTED: City elections are classified as "by seat," which means a candidate must declare which seat number they are running for. City elections do not run by political affiliation.
CANDIDATES: Any qualified elector living within the city limits of Coeur d’Alene may become a candidate by submitting the declaration of candidacy and petition of candidacy, or by submitting their declaration as a write-in candidate.
QUALIFIED ELECTOR FOR CITY ELECTIONS: A qualified elector is anyone who has registered to vote and has resided within the city limits at least 30 days prior to election.
VOTER REGISTRATION: Click Here
ABSENTEE VOTING: In person: Any qualified elector may vote absentee from the time the ballots are available until 5:00 p.m. on November 1, 2013. It is anticipated that absentee ballots will be available beginning two weeks prior to Election Day. You may vote absentee at the County Elections Office at 1808 N. Third Street, Coeur d’Alene from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. – Monday through Friday. By Mail: An absentee ballot can be mailed to you upon request until October 30, 2013. Please send your written request to the County Elections Office at PO Box 9000, Coeur d’Alene ID, 83816-9000. Please remember to sign your name to the written request (if you are husband and wife, both must sign the written request if you would like a ballot mailed to each of you).
WHERE TO VOTE/VOTING PRECINCTS: The City currently has 26 voting precincts. The listing of voting precincts and their polling places will be published in the Coeur d’Alene Press approximately two weeks prior to Election Day. If you would like to find out where to vote, please go to www.kcgov.us/elections.
LAST ELECTION STATS: Total ballots cast at the last general election (November 2011) were 6,299. Total registered voters were 21,554. Voter turnout was 29.2%.
CANDIDATE FORMS: As a convenience to candidates running for city office, the following forms may be filled in online and printed out for your use. Please review these instructions before filling out the forms online:
- When entering numbers into number fields, especially those which are totaled by column, do NOT use commas to designate thousands. The formulas will not work if commas are included in the numbers. For example, if you want to record $5,000 as an amount, simply write 5000.
- If the box you are entering text into has a minus sign (-) next to it, then the number entered into the box must also have a minus sign (-) next to it. This way the system will acknowledge that the number entered is negative and should be subtracted from the total.
- C4 - Independent Expenditures
- C5 - 48 Hour Notice of Contributions
- C6 - Statement by NonBusiness Entity
- C7 - 48 Hour Notice of Independent Expenditures
- C8 - Report of Electioneering Communication
- Campaign Financial Disclosure Report Summary Page
- Campaign Financial Disclosure Report Detailed Summary
- Schedule A - Itemized Contributions
- Schedule B - Itemized Expenditures
- Schedule C - In Kind Contributions
- Schedule D - Loans
- Schedule E - Credit Cards & Debt
- Schedule E1 - Credit Cards & Debt Itemization
- Schedule F - Pledged Contributions
- Appointment and Certification of Political Treasurer for Candidates & Committees
- Declaration/Petition of Candidacy
- 2013 Election Manual
- 2013 Campaign Finance Manual
PLEASE NOTE: The Association of Idaho Cities website has helpful Financial Diclosure Q & A videos. Click on this link: http://www.idahocities.org/mediacenter.aspx?vid=27#allVideos